Join our team
What is the role we are recruiting for?
A business manager working directly with the CEO to refine and execute the strategy of the business and ensure administrative operations are well-oiled. This is more than just an administrative role, but you must have all-round office skills and be willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in. The work will be challenging, fast-moving and quick-changing. But some days, it will feel administrative and slightly dull. You will also have an interest in cyber security and be able to build on cyber security knowledge to contribute to the business strategy. You should aim to be his second in-command at all times.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- To support the CEO with projects, proposals, fund- or investment raising etc through research, consultation and communication
- ·Projects will span investor and stakeholder relationship building, marketing, strategy development and execution. These will vary from building our Twitter profile to building intelligence on competitors’ technologies to drafting funding applications. You may lead or manage these projects, and should ensure follow up action is undertaken within the agreed time frame
- To support the CEO in his external facing roles, such as leading working groups within the IoT Security Foundation
- To assist the CEO with the preparation of power point presentations, speeches and drafting document as requested
- To act as liaison between the CEO and the company bookkeepers, company secretarial team, legal and other professional advisors, and subcontractors
- To act as an office manager, actively seeking and implementing ways to improving our operational processes
- Where necessary, undertake the administrative duties, including:
- Providing IT support to the team on site, where required
- Maintaining accurate up to date records of all contracts and managing expiry dates, cancellation dates etc where applicable.
- Managing Non-Disclosure Agreements. This would include creating them for the relevant company, confirming with the appropriate manager, arranging sign off, filing and updating on spreadsheet
- Assisting with legal contracts for new companies as requested
- Drafting proposals, marketing materials and website content
- General administrative duties as and when requested including basic bookkeeping, expense payment processing, managing insurances of the company
What experience and skills would be ideal?
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office skills
- Strong experience of conducting research from public sources and analysis
- Previous experience in operations or strategy execution ideal
- Project management or team leadership skills ideal
- Website development and some marketing skills ideal
- Comfortable enough with technology to assist with desktop and wider office equipment support
- Interested in, or ideally have a broad understanding of, cyber security and eager to develop up to date knowledge of the domain. You will need this to be able to provide useful input into our strategy execution
What other qualities should the candidate have?
- Highly organised, highly motivated
- Excellent multitasker
- Fast learner and doer
- Articulate, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident in handling and directing people to get things done
- Creative, passionate, resourceful “builder”
- Gets their hands dirty, and then some
- Embraces entrepreneurial working environments
If you think this role is of interest please send your CV and a covering letter to Rachel.Rutland@cyberowl.io